OUTCOMES of this pspp syllabus:
- Upon completion of the course, students will be able to
- Develop algorithmic solutions to simple computational problems
- Read, write, execute by hand simple Python programs.
- Structure simple Python programs for solving problems.
- Decompose a Python program into functions.
- Represent compound data using Python lists, tuples, dictionaries.
- Read and write data from/to files in Python Programs.
1. Charles Dierbach, “Introduction to Computer Science using Python: A Computational Problem-Solving Focus, Wiley India Edition, 2013.
2. John V Guttag, “Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python’’, Revised and expanded Edition, MIT Press , 2013
3. Kenneth A. Lambert, “Fundamentals of Python: First Programs”, CENGAGE Learning, 2012.
4. Paul Gries, Jennifer Campbell and Jason Montojo, “Practical Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science using Python 3”, Second edition, Pragmatic Programmers,LLC,2013.
5. Robert Sedgewick, Kevin Wayne, Robert Dondero, “Introduction to Programming in Python: An Inter-disciplinary Approach, Pearson India Education Services Pvt. Ltd., 2016.
6. Timothy A. Budd, “Exploring Python”, Mc-Graw Hill Education (India) Private Ltd.,, 2015.
OBJECTIVES of this subject syllabus:
To know the basics of algorithmic problem solving
For reading and writeing simple Python programs.
To develop Python programs with conditionals and loops.
This is to define Python functions and call them.
To use Python data structures –- lists, tuples, dictionaries.
To do input/output with files in Python.
1. Allen B. Downey, Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist’’, 2nd edition, Updated for Python 3, Shroff/O’Reilly Publishers, 2016
2. Guido van Rossum and Fred L. Drake Jr, “An Introduction to Python – Revised and updated for Python 3.2, Network Theory Ltd., 2011.
Search by students
pspp syllabus 2017 regulation free download.
Ge8151 for anna university.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND PYTHON PROGRAMMING SYLLABUS for sem1 anna university.
Regulation 2017 syllabus ge8151 anna university.
Notes and syllabus for PROBLEM SOLVING AND PYTHON PROGRAMMING.