THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THIS SUBJECT IS LISTED BELOW:
- To make the students conversant with boiler feed water requirements, related problems and water treatment techniques.
- To develop an understanding of the basic concepts of phase rule and its applications to single and two component systems and appreciate the purpose and significance of alloys.
- Preparation, properties and applications of engineering materials.
- Types of fuels, calorific value calculations, manufacture of solid, liquid and gaseous fuels.
- Principles and generation of energy in batteries, nuclear reactors, solar cells, wind mills and fuel cells.
OUTCOMES OF THIS SYLLABUS:
The knowledge gained on engineering materials, fuels, energy sources and water treatment techniques will facilitate better understanding of engineering processes and applications for further learning.
TEXT BOOKS FOR THIS SYLLABUS:
1. S. S. Dara and S. S. Umare, “A Textbook of Engg Chem”, S. Chand & Company LTD, New Delhi, 2015
2. P. C. Jain and Monika Jain, “Engg Chem” Dhanpat Rai Publishing Company (P) LTD, New Delhi, 2015
3. S. Vairam, P. Kalyani and Suba Ramesh, “Engg Chem”, Wiley India PVT, LTD, New Delhi, 2013.
1. Friedrich Emich, “Engineering Chemistry”, Scientific International PVT, LTD, New Delhi, 2014.
2. Prasanta Rath, “Engineering Chemistry”, Cengage Learning India PVT, LTD, Delhi, 2015.
3. Shikha Agarwal, “Engineering Chemistry-Fundamentals and Applications”, Cambridge University Press, Delhi, 2015.
THIS SUBJECTS IS COMMON TO THE ALL DEPARTMENT IN ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES IN THEIR FIRST YEAR SEMESTER 1 FOR 2017 REGULATION STUDENTS ONLY
Search by students:
Cy8151 syllabus free download
Engg chem regulation 2017 notes
Anna university Semester 1 chemistry R2017
Anna university new syllabus for engineering chemistry 2017 regulation
Engineering chemistry 2017 regulation syllabus free download
Anna university chemistry regulation 2017 syllabus sem1
cy8151 syllabus 2017 regulation