GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a exam conducted by IIT institution every year. Marks scored in gate are used to join PG courses such as M.E., M. Tech and direct Ph.D. They can be used to public and private colleges.
This year 2018 GATE will be conducted by IIT Guwahati. There are 23 division among which the students or people writing this exam can select one paper to appear for the exam.
The paper codes for GATE 2018 are listed below
Eligibility for gate 2018:
The minimum qualification to write GATE 2018 are listed below
The students from Bangladesh, sri lanka, UAE, Nepal, Ethiopia, Singapore should be in final year or should have completed the Engineering degree or PG course to be eligible for GATE.
Application for GATE 2018:
The GATE 2018 Application will be available in GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website.
CLICK HERE to go to GOAPS website
With the help of the above link candidates can apply for GATE 2018 exam through online.
Details to be filled in the application are listed below:
- Name of the candidate , DOB, Candidate mobile number etc (personal info)
- Address of the candidate win PIN code
- Eligibility degree with details
- College address with PIN CODE
- Selecting the gate paper
- Choice of exam centre
- HQ image of the candidate
- HQ image of the candidate signature
- Degree certificate in PDF file
- Listing the ID proof to be carried to the exam hall
- Candidate net banking transaction details
To attend exam in India
To attend exam in foreign countries
For writing Gate 2018 exam in Singapore and Dubai candidate fee is US $100
For writing GATE 2018 exam in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu candidate fee is US $50
Payment Details :
- Candidate needs to go to GOAPS website. The webpage automatically redirect to the bank website of the candidate choice.
- Facilities like net-banking e challan and debit cards can be used to pay the fee.
- After conforming the payment it again redirects to the Gate 2018 page.
- If there is any transaction failure while applying GATE and the amount is debited for the candidate account. With no doubt it will be credited back within 7 working days.
- After successful payment Fee payment number will be given the candidate should save that number for future use.
The Gate application Fee will not be refunded at any cause after successful transaction.
Gate 2018 Syllabus:
The syllabus for gate 2018 is provided CLICK HERE.
Gate 2017 syllabus for all the papers are listed in the link below
Click here to download 2017 gate syllabus
Gate 2018 announcement details
Pattern for Gate 2018:
A student appearing for gate exam can only select only one paper out of 23 paper for this year gate exam.
Gate 2018 will contain 2 different types of question in various papers.
- Multiple choice questions which carries 1 mark or 2 marks each
- Numerical questions of 1 mark or 2 marks each. These answer should be entered by the student with the help of keypad.
General aptitude GA questions will be available in all paper which carries 15 marks. With 5, 1 mark questions and 5 questions with 2 marks each total 15 marks for GA.
Mark deduction for wrong answer:
For 1 mark question from Multiple choice 1/3 of the mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
For 2 mark question from Multiple choice 2/3 of the mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
No negative mark for numerical type questions.
The applicant will be provided with 2 primary choice and 1 secondary choice. The officials will use the secondary choice when the primary choice is not available. To over come some difficulty the official have provided the last date to change the exam centre which is 17-11-17 .
Result For GATE 2018 will be announced on 17 march 2018.